PSU Watch logo

| NRL inks pipeline ‘Right to Use’ sharing agreement with IGGL |   | To avert coal, power crisis in future, India mulls strategic coal & gas reserves |   | India's Foreign Exchange Reserves rises $1.49 Billion to touch $641 Billion |   | Cost of energy should not outstrip paying capacity of consuming nations: Hardeep Singh Puri |   | India successfully flight-tests High-Speed Expendable Aerial Target drone 'Abhyas' |   | States asked to align emission reduction targets with Centre, form BEE-like institutions |  

CCI approves acquisition of shares of OPGC by OHPC

The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves acquisition of shares of Odisha Power Generation Corporation Limited (OPGC) by Odisha Hydro Power Corporation Limited (OHPC) on Tuesday

CCI approves acquisition of shares of OPGC by OHPC (Representative image)
CCI approves acquisition of shares of OPGC by OHPC (Representative image)
  • Odisha Hydro Power Corporation Limited (OHPC) gets CCI nod to acquire 49% shares of Odisha Power Generation Corporation Limited (OPGC)

  • OHPC is a state PSU wholly-owned and controlled by the government of Odisha; in OPGC, Odisha government holds 51% stake

  • Post-acquisition, OPGC will become wholly-owned state PSU of Odisha govt

New Delhi: The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of shares of Odisha Power Generation Corporation Limited (OPGC) by Odisha Hydro Power Corporation Limited (OHPC) on Tuesday.

OHPC is a state PSU wholly-owned and controlled by the government of Odisha. It is engaged in the business of generation of power from renewable sources namely, hydroelectric and solar power.

ALSO READ: L&T secures orders for Komatsu Mining Equipment from Coal India subsidiaries, infra companies

OPGC is a state-owned joint venture enterprise with the government of Odisha holding 51 percent shareholding and the remaining 49 percent shareholding held by AES Corporation, USA through AES OPGC Holding and AES India Private Limited. It is engaged in the business of generation of power from coal-based thermal power plants as well as mini-hydropower projects.

The proposed combination involves the acquisition by OHPC of 49 percent equity shares in OPGC from AES OPGC Holding and AES India, pursuant to the Share Sale and Purchase Agreement.

(PSU Watch- India's Business News centre that places the spotlight on PSUs, Bureaucracy, Defence and Public Policy is now on Telegram. Join PSU Watch Channel in your Telegram and stay updated)