Hyderabad: NMDC Limited, the largest producer of iron ore in the country has once again showcased excellent performance for the year 2018-19. NMDC has surpassed the 30 million tonnes figure of production and sales for the 3rd year consecutively.
In spite of suspension of Donimalai Mine operations for 5 months, no exports up to August 2018, highest rainfall in Bailadila Sector and poor offtake in Karnataka in Q1, NMDC Limited has produced 32.44 MT and sales of 32.38 MT iron ore during FY-19.
Yet another Spectacular Performance by NMDC
During the year, NMDC’s iron ore projects have clocked their best in a single day, monthly and annual production and sales figures. The PSU recorded:
- Highest ever monthly dispatches – 37.95 LT in March 2019 against previous best of
20 LT (January 2017)
- Highest ever single-day production of 1.91 LT (31.03.2019) against the previous best of 1.63 LT (28.03.2019)
- Highest ever single day dispatches of 1.42 LT (16.03.2019) against the previous best of 1.40 LT (04.03.2018)
- Highest ever exploratory drilling of 16071 meters in 2018-19 against previous best of
15065 mtrs in 2017-18
- Second highest production of diamonds (38033 carats) after reopening of mines in 2009-10.
N. Baijendra Kumar, IAS, CMD, NMDC has congratulated all the employees for their dedicated hard work and excellent teamwork. Team NMDC, despite man-made and natural constraints, has shown a resilient character to excel in challenging times. The CMD thanked the ministry of Steel (GoI), Chhattisgarh State Government and all the stakeholders for their support for their immense support and guidance.