Saturday, May 21, 2022

Himachal Pradesh to get a new airport, signs JV with AAI

Must read

New Delhi: Himachal Pradesh is set to get a new airport. This will be the fourth airport in the state. The Airports Authority of India (AAI) has signed a Joint Venture Agreement with the Government of Himachal Pradesh for the development of a Greenfield airport in Nagchala, near Mandi District.

According to an official statement of AAI, the proposed airport will be developed through a Joint Venture company wherein the Government of Himachal Pradesh will hold 51 percent equity and the remaining 49 percent per cent equity will be held by AAI. The airport shall have a unidirectional runway capable of handling A-320 aircraft.

The Joint Venture Agreement was signed in the presence of Union Minister for Civil Aviation Jyotiraditya Scindia, Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Jai Ram Thakur, AAI Chairman Sanjeev Kumar and Chief Secretary Govt of Himachal Pradesh Ram Subhag Singh on April 25. Other senior officials of the State Government, Ministry of Civil Aviation and AAI were present during the signing ceremony of the Joint Venture Agreement.

The projected land requirement for the airport is 515 acres approx. and the project is estimated to cost around Rs 900 crore excluding the cost of land. Currently, there are three airports i.e. Shimla, Kullu, and Kangra and five heliports i.e. Kangnidhar, Shimla, Rampur, Baddi, and SASE (Manali) in Himachal Pradesh that are developed or being developed which would give a massive boost to the tourism industry of the state once completed.

(PSU Watch– India's Business News centre that places the spotlight on PSUs, Bureaucracy, Defence and Public Policy is now on Google News. Click here to follow. Also, join PSU Watch Channel in your Telegram. You may also follow us on Twitter here and stay updated.)

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest News