PSU Watch logo

| NRL inks pipeline ‘Right to Use’ sharing agreement with IGGL |   | Kolkata Metro: India's first underground metro bids farewell to non-AC rakes |   | After oil, gas price may see surge, upset CNG, PNG rates |   | South Central Railway (SCR) operated 500 Kisan Rails, transported 1.6L tonnes of agri produce since launch |   | Service rendered by govt, not its agency, only exempt from GST |   | Cochin Airport ventures into hydropower production |  

Amit Banerjee to be next Director (Rail & Metro Business) of BEML

Amit Banerjee, who is currently serving as Executive Director, has been recommended for the post of Director (Rail & Metro Business) of BEML

New Delhi: Amit Banerjee is set to be next Director (Rail & Metro Business) of BEML Limited, a Miniratna PSU under the administrative control of the Ministry of Defence. Banerjee's name has been recommended by a Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) panel on Thursday. He is currently serving as Executive Director in the same organisation.

Amit Banerjee has been selected for the post of Director (Rail & Metro Business) of BEML Limited from a list of seven candidates who were interviewed by the selection panel. A total of five candidates, including Banerjee, who were on the list were from BEML Limited and others were from Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) and Indian Railways.

Banerjee is an Engineering Graduate (B.Tech in Mechanical) from Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi. He has had a very long association with BEML Limited, spanning over 35 years. He has rich experience in design, manufacture and testing of railway rolling stock (metro, suburban EMU's & maintenance vehicles). He has also worked in various capacities for design and development of products like stainless steel EMU, metro rolling stock for Delhi, Bangalore, Jaipur and Kolkata, catenary maintenance vehicles, track laying equipment, etc. Banerjee is a recipient of the Engineering Excellence Public Choice award and Raksha Mantri Award for Design Effort.

BEML Limited

BEML Limited, formerly known as Bharat Earth Movers Limited, was established in May 1964 as a Public Sector Undertaking for the manufacture of rail coaches and spare parts and mining equipment at its Bangalore complex. The company has been partially disinvested and presently, the government has 54 percent of the total equity and the rest 46 percent is held by public, financial institutions, foreign institutional investors, banks and employees. It is a Miniratna PSU that serves India’s core sectors like defence, rail, power, mining and infrastructure.