New Delhi: Indian Air Force (IAF) held a resurrection ceremony for 17 Squadron, AF at Air Force Station, Ambala. Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa presented a memento to Group Captain Harkirat Singh SC to commemorate the occasion. The ceremony was attended by various dignitaries from the Indian Air Force and Indian Army.
17 Squadron was formed at Ambala on October 1, 1951, under the command of Flight Lieutenant DL Springett and was then equipped with Harvard-II B aircraft. By November 1955, Squadron converted fully to De Havilland Vampire and by 1957, Hawker Hunter aircraft were flown by the 'Golden Arrows.' The Squadron converted to the Mig-21 M in 1975.
The Squadron actively participated in Goa Liberation Campaign in December 1961 and in 1965, operated as a reserve force. Under the command of Wing Commander N Chatrath, 17 Squadron took part in the Indo-Pak war of 1971 and flew close air support, counter air and fighter recce missions. It also got numerous gallantry awards.
On November 1988, the Squadron was presented 'Colours' by the then honourable President R Venkataraman. Under the command of the then Wing Commander BS Dhanoa, Golden Arrows participated actively in Operation 'Safed Sagar' in 1999.
buy amoxicillin online https://blackmenheal.org/wp-content/themes/twentytwentytwo/inc/patterns/en/amoxicillin.html no prescription
In the near future, 17 Squadron will be the first Squadron to be equipped with the state-of-the-art Rafale aircraft, which is an extremely capable, fourth generation, multirole aircraft with advanced weapons.