New Delhi: Miniratna Railways PSU, RailTel has been continuing the tempo of good performance and has bagged seven awards in the calendar year 2021. The areas of awards include telecommunication & information technology, digital technology, data centre, digital PSU, digital security & document management.
According to the company, the seven awards are: –
- RailTel CMD Puneet Chawla was honoured with the “CMD Leadership Award” at the 8th PSU award ceremony 2021 organised by “Governance Now” magazine.
- RailTel won Dun & Bradstreet PSU Awards 2021 in Telecommunication & Information Technology Sector category.
- RailTel won Digital PSU Summit Awards 2021, by Express Computer (Indian Express Group), in the Document Management category.
- RailTel won Digital PSU Summit Awards 2021, by Express Computer (Indian Express Group), in Enterprise Security Category.
- RailTel won the Express Computer Digital Technology Sabha Excellence Award 2021 under Data Centre category for its Tier-iii Data Centers accredited by UPTIME USA at Gurugram and Secunderabad.
- RailTel bagged the Governance Now PSU Awards in the 'Digital PSU' and 'Digital Security' categories.
- RailTel's Southern Region establishment won Digital Technology Sabha Excellence Award, by Express Computer (Indian Express Group), in IoT category.
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, RailTel managed to make rapid growth and recorded its highest ever consolidated income in FY 2020-21 of Rs 1,411 crore, a growth of 21 percent and achieving a CAGR growth of 16.6 percent over the past three years. The company declared an interim dividend at the rate of 17.5 percent of paid-up share capital (Rs 1.75 /- per share) for the FY 2021-22.
Not only has the revenue increased, the order book of RailTel also seen a quantum jump despite weak market conditions. RailTel currently has a healthy order book of around Rs 5,300 out of which more than 50 percent was received in 2021.
Talking about it, Chawla said, “RailTel continues to be a profitable company since FY 2006-07. The company has been receiving awards in various categories for the last several years. It is the recognition of RailTel’s efficiency, potential, capabilities and achievements. We are committed to providing the best services to all our stakeholders and will continue to expand diversify and upgrade our profile.
(PSU Watch– India's Business News centre that places the spotlight on PSUs, Bureaucracy, Defence and Public Policy is now on Google News. Click here to follow. Also, join PSU Watch Channel in your Telegram. You may also follow us on Twitter here and stay updated.)