New Delhi: The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Dr Vinod J Bahade as Deputy Secretary (JS) in the Ministry of Steel on Thursday. According to an order from the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT), Bahade has been appointed as Deputy Secretary in Steel Ministry for a period of three years from the date of taking over charge of the post or till further orders, whichever is earlier.
Dr Bahade is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of 2007-batch. He has served at various important positions in India as well as abroad. He was recommended by the Ministry of External Affair.
Dr Vinod J Bahade is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of 2007-batch. He was recommended by the Ministry of External Affair
Ministry of Steel
The Ministry of Steel is an executive branch agency of the government that is responsible for formulating all policies regarding steel production, distribution and pricing in India. As of June 2019, the ministry is headed by a minister of cabinet rank, Dharmendra Pradhan and is assisted by a Minister of State, Faggan Singh Kulaste.
Currently, there are 11 PSU under the Ministry of Steel, as given under
• Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
• National Mineral Development Corporation Ltd (NMDC)
• Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL)
• Kudremukh Iron Ore Company Ltd (KIOCL)
• MECON Limited
• Manganese Ore (India) Ltd (MOIL)
• MSTC Limited
• Hindustan Steel Works Construction Limited (HSCL)
• Sponge Iron India Limited (SIIL)
• Bharat Refractories Limited (BRL)
• Ferro Scrap Nigam Limited (FSNL)
• Bird Group of Companies