EdCIL recruitment 2019: Educational Consultants India Limited (EdCIL), a Miniratna PSU under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, has posted a job through the PESB for the Director (Business Development). Eligible candidates can apply before February 7, 2020. The post is vacant since August 8. Director (Business Development) at EdCIL, is a member of the Board of Directors and reports to the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD). He/She is overall in-charge of the following:
- To create and implement business development strategies dovetailing with the company’s medium-term growth strategy.
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on, expansion, building alliances and partnerships.
- Understand the requirements of existing clients to ensure their needs are being met.
- Create new digital education products for a scalable market having a high impact on the sector.
- Create and maintain the product development roadmap, in strong collaboration with the business development and the respective vertical heads.
- Oversee the process of alliance partner and vendor development/ selection to support the business development of the company.
- Acquire new customers, build alliances, alliance partners engagement and manage client relationships (new and existing).
- Lead the overall business verticals and coordinate with diverse teams (e.g. digital education, study in India, Online Testing and Assessment, Advisory Services, Education Procurement Services and Operations.
- Liaise with senior government functionaries, Directors of other CPSEs and autonomous bodies/ key stakeholders.
- Oversee the procurement functions of services and products to meet the client requirement for achieving the targeted growth of the company.
- Monitor performance of business activities using key matrices and present before the Board.
- Represent the company in various sub-committees on Board (e.g. Audit, CSR etc.), MHRD’s subcommittees and business forums.
Pay scale: Rs 1,20,000/- Rs 2,80,000/- (IDA)
Age Limit: Minimum age limit 40 years and age of superannuation 60 years
The applicant must, on the date of application, as well as on the date of interview, be employed in a regular capacity – and not in a contractual/ad-hoc capacity – in one of the followings: (a) Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) (including a full-time functional Director in the Board of a CPSE); (b) Central Government including the Armed Forces of the Union and All India Services; (c) State Public Sector Enterprise (SPSE) where the annual turnover is *Rs 500 crore or more; (d) Private Sector in a company where the annual turnover is *Rs 500 crore or more. (*The average audited annual turnover of three financial years preceding the calendar year in which the post is advertised shall be considered for applying the approved limits)
The applicant should be a graduate with a good academic record from a recognised university or institute. Applicants with MBA/PGDM qualifications will have added advantage.
The applicant should have at least two years of marketing/ business development experience during the last ten years in an organisation of repute. Experience in education/ knowledge management sector is desirable.
Click here to know more about the EdCIL (Business Development) job.