Timings and stops
- Vande Bharat Express will stop at two stations — Kanpur and Allahabad (now Prayagraj) — on its journey from Delhi to Varanasi and vice-versa. The engineless train will stop at the stations for two minutes each.
- The train numbered 22436, departs from the New Delhi railway station at 6:00 am and arrives in Varanasi at 2:00 pm.
- The train stops at Kanpur at 10:18 am, while it reaches Allahabad at 12:23 pm.
- On the way back the same day, it leaves Varanasi at 3:00 pm and arrives in Delhi at 11:00 pm, while stopping at Allahabad at approximately 4:35 pm and at Kanpur around 6:30 pm.
- An indigenous electric multiple unit (EMU) manufactured by the Chennai-based Integrated Coach Factory, runs for five days a week — Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Vande Bharat Express fareThe fares of Train 18 are 1.4 times the amount spent on the Shatabdi Express for the AC Chair Car and 1.3 times of Shatabdi’s Executive Class ticket. Below are the fares, as available on the IRCTC website:
- Delhi to Varanasi (AC Chair Car, Executive): Rs 1,755 and Rs 3,300
- Delhi to Kanpur (AC Chair Car, Executive): Rs 1,080 and Rs 2,085
- Delhi to Allahabad (AC Chair Car, Executive): Rs 1,385 and Rs 2,725
- Varanasi to Delhi (AC Chair Car, Executive): Rs 1,700 and Rs 3,250
- Varanasi to Allahabad (AC Chair Car, Executive): Rs 545 and Rs 1,050
- Varanasi to Kanpur (AC Chair Car, Executive): Rs 860 and Rs 1,690