PSU Watch logo

| After Air India, govt likely to complete sale of its ground handling unit |   | BDL & Indian Army sign contract worth Rs 471.41 crore for refurbishment of missiles |   | ONGC inks MoU with SECI to develop RE, green hydrogen, battery storage projects |   | IFFCO ranks number one cooperative in the world |   | Omicron impact may lead to return of extensive travel curbs: IATA |  

Himachal’s Mandi is set to get a Greenfield airport

Himachal Pradesh’s Mandi district is set to get a Greenfield airport, courtesy state-run AAI, as an MoU has been signed in this regard
New Delhi: Himachal Pradesh’s Mandi district is set to get a Greenfield airport, courtesy state-run AAI (Airports Authority of India). AAI has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the government of Himachal Pradesh (GoHP) on Wednesday for the development of a Greenfield airport at Nagchala near Mandi in Himachal Pradesh.

AAI, Himachal govt to jointly develop Mandi airport

The government of Himachal Pradesh had expressed their interest to the Ministry of Civil Aviation, for the construction of a Greenfield Airport at Nagchala near Mandi. Initially, the airport will be suitable for operation of aircraft up to ATR 72. The development of the Greenfield Airport with unidirectional runway will be implemented through a Joint Venture Company (“JVC”) wherein AAI will hold 51 percent equity and the remaining 49 percent equity will be held by the Himachal Pradesh government or its designated agency.

JVC will undertake development & operations of the airport

The JVC will undertake the functions of designing, developing, constructing and completion of the Airport (“Project”) including finance, for commercial civil aviation operation as well as undertake operation, maintenance, management of the Airport in accordance with the terms and conditions of the MOU. AAI will soon incorporate a JVC under Companies Act, 2013 and will also execute a Joint Venture Agreement and Shareholders Agreement with the Himachal Pradesh government and Communication, Navigation, Surveillance and Air Traffic Management (CNS / ATM) Agreement with JVC.

MoU signing ceremony

The MoU was signed by HS Balhrara, Executive Director (Planning) from AAI and Yunus, IAS, Director, Department of Tourism & Civil Aviation from Himachal Pradesh government at AAI’s Corporate Headquarters, Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan, New Delhi in the presence of Arvind Singh, Chairman, AAI, Shri AK Pathak, Member (Planning), AAI, Vineet Gulati, Member (ANS), AAI and senior officials of AAI.