HUDCO posts 39% income growth in Q2 of FY 2019-20
HUDCO has posted 39 percent income growth in the second quarter (Q2) of the current Financial Year (FY 2019-20)
November 14, 2019
HUDCO in its 616th board meeting held on November 13, 2019, has approved the 2nd quarter financial results and the growth is remarkably high in all the financial parameters of its MoU targets, like Net profit, total income, net worth, disbursements and balance sheet size, etc. Both the gross NPA and net NPA are the lowest in the financing sector of a government listed company.
Dr M Ravi Kanth is the CMD of HUDCO for the last 5 years and producing outstanding results for its growth and development, focusing on the required discipline and diligence for a government company having divested 10 percent of its equity in 2017 and the remaining 15 percent disinvestment to be done before 2020 as per SEBI Rules. The highlights of the HUDCO Growth are as follows:
- Net profit (profit after tax) of HUDCO registered a growth of 2.16 times increase touching an all-time high of the 2nd quarter to Rs 725.84 crores in financial Year2019-20(on the quarter-on-quarter basis)from Rs.335.68 crores of the 1st Quarter of FY 2019-20.
- On Half-Yearly basis, Net Profit is 72% high with Rs. 1061.52 crores, as on 30.9.2019 in FY 2019-20, compared to Rs.615.52 crores as on 30.9.2018inFY 2018-19.
- Total Income registered a growth of 1.13 times increase touching an all-time high of the 2nd Quarter to Rs.2053.79 crores in Financial Year 2019-20 (on the quarter-on-quarter basis) from Rs.1816.19 crores of the 1st Quarter of FY 2019-20.
- On Half-Yearly basis, Total Income is 39% high with Rs.3869.98 crores, as on 30.9.2019 in FY 2019-20, compared to Rs.2793.10 crores as on 30.9.2018 in FY 2018-19.
- Balance Sheet size has grown by 55% to Rs.75,000 crores as on 30.9.2019in FY 2019-20 from Rs.48,343 crores as on 30.9.2018 in FY 2018-19.
- Net Worth of Hudco has gone up by 10% to Rs.11980.14 crores as on 30th September in FY 2019-20; compared to 10,956 crores as on 31st March 2019.
- Disbursements of loans grown by52% with Rs. 5311 crores, as on 30th September in Financial Year 2019-20; as compared to Rs.3503 crores as on 30th September in 2018-19, now crossing cumulative disbursements of Rs.1,71,554 crores, for both Housing & Urban Infrastructure in India.
NPAs in HUDCO are from the past years between 2003 and 2006, and because of sincere efforts of HUDCO Team for recovery of Rs.800 crores in 2018-19, the Gross NPA is reduced to 4.19%, and the Net NPA is reduced to 0.39%, as on 30.9.2019 in FY 2019-20, the lowest in the sector.
Not even a single rupee was added as NPA, since Ravi Kanth joining as CMD in 2014, with Cautious and Strategic Lending to State Governments, but with Highest Sanctions, Highest Disbursements, Highest Profit, Highest Net Worth to its remarkable credit in the last five years, though the credit off-take in the market is not uniform and low; because of the financial conditions and special circumstances of many state governments on repayment capacity
“AAA” credit rating achieved in 2015 from 3 credit rating agencies, within one year of Dr M Ravi Kanth joining as CMD in 2014, and maintaining the same for Hudco, with due diligence, fiscal prudence and dynamic leadership.
IPO of HUDCO 80 times getting oversubscribed in May 2017 is first of its kind for any Government Company, and the remaining 15% disinvestment is on now.
HUDCOis in golden jubilee year now in the FY 2019-20, having been incorporated in the 4th five-year plan, on 25th April, 1970 for financing to Housing & Urban Infrastructure Sector, as Central Public Sector Enterprise with 8 main objectives and huge mandate to implement all the programmes and policies of the government.
Disclaimer: This story is a press release and is being published without any editing by PSU Watch desk. Our editorial team has only changed the headline.