New Delhi: The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Ajit Kumar Srivastav as Director (Defence Business) of BEML Limited, a Miniratna Defence PSU under the Ministry of Defence, on Thursday. According to an order from the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT), Srivastav has been appointed on BEML board with effect from the date of assumption of charge of the post on or after June 1, till the date of his superannuation i.e. February 28, 2025, or until further orders, whichever is earlier. He is currently serving as Chief General Manager in the same organisation.
The ACC has approved the appointment of AK Srivastav as Director (Defence Business) of BEML Limited with effect from the date of assumption of charge of the post on or after June 1, till the date of his superannuation i.e. February 28, 2025
PSU Watch had reported that Srivastav was recommended for the post of Director (Defence Business) of BEML Limited by a PESB panel on November 13, 2019. He was selected from a list of seven candidates who were interviewed by the selection panel. With the assumption the charge of the post, Srivastav will replace RH Muralidhara, who is serving at the same position since March 1, 2016.
BEML Limited, formerly known as Bharat Earth Movers Limited, was established in May 1964 as a Public Sector Undertaking for the manufacture of rail coaches and spare parts and mining equipment at its Bangalore complex. The company has been partially disinvested and presently, the government holds 54 percent of the total equity and the rest 46 percent is held by public, financial institutions, foreign institutional investors, banks and employees. It is a Miniratna PSU that serves India's core sectors like defence, rail, power, mining and infrastructure.