Bangalore: All employees of BEML Limited, a Miniratna Defence PSU under the Ministry of Defence, have come forward to contribute a day's salary to 'PM relief fund' towards Coronavirus (COVID-19). Moreover, the Directors of the company will contribute their 21 days salary towards the same purpose.
In this crisis situation, a collective effort is required to combat the challenge of the spread of CORONA. This is our humble contribution to the support to fight the global pandemic which has wreaked havoc all over the world: Deepak Kumar Hota, CMD, BEML
Announcing this, BEML Limited's Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) Deepak Kumar Hota said, "The nation is passing through a critical phase of social and economic crisis due to the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19). In this crisis situation, a collective effort is required to combat the challenge of the spread of CORONA. This is our humble contribution to the support to fight the global pandemic which has wreaked havoc all over the world."
"We have also taken all preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19, in line with directives of the Ministry and the state governments issued from time to time to protect the interest of the employees as well as the Nation," he added.
BEML Limited, formerly known as Bharat Earth Movers Limited, was established in May 1964 as a Public Sector Undertaking for the manufacture of rail coaches and spare parts and mining equipment at its Bangalore complex. The company has partially been disinvested and presently the government owns 54 percent of the total equity and the rest 46 percent is held by the public, financial institutions, foreign institutional investors, banks and employees. It is a Miniratna PSU that serves India's core sectors like defence, rail, power, mining and infrastructure