Mumbai: Bank of Baroda (BoB) is now one of the first public sector banks in India to have launched a crèche/child daycare facility to make parenting convenient for its employees. A statement released by the PSU bank said that the facility has now been launched at its Mumbai corporate office in Bandra Kurla complex, which houses 1,500-odd employees, and will be soon rolled out at its head office in Vadodara.
The initiative is aimed at helping employees save time and reduce the stress of parenting and finding the right daycare facility close to their workplace. It offers full-day support for kids while engaging them in activities in a safe, progressive and fun environment. The PSU bank will bear 60 percent of the total cost for each employee and the remaining 40 percent will be borne by the parents.
"The larger objective is more representation of women employees in senior positions. We are committed to equality in gender representation and there is an increasing need for more women in senior positions," said PS Jayakumar, MD & CEO of BoB. "The daycare is one of the many initiatives that the bank is in the process of implementing, which creates a working environment that is conducive to working women and parents, in general," he added.
"The larger objective is more representation of women employees in senior positions. We are committed to equality in gender representation and there is an increasing need for more women in senior positions,"
The statement released by BoB said that the bank is mirroring this global trend aimed at balancing parenthood with a full-time job. The bank, which has 55,000-plus employees, has signed a deal with a professional agency, called Klay Prep Schools and Daycare, for this facility.