IDBI Bank privatisation on track: DIPAM
New Delhi: The government on Friday said that the disinvestment of IDBI Bank is on track as per the defined strategic sale process. Debunking media reports which indicated a possibility of deferment of IDBI Bank disinvestment, the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) said that the stake sale is in the post-EoI stage.
"The transaction continues to be on track as per the defined process in post-EoI stage following receipts of multiple EoIs," DIPAM Secretary Tuhin Kanta Pandey tweeted.
Govt & LIC selling 61% stake in IDBI
The government and the LIC are together selling about 61 percent stake in IDBI Bank and had in January received multiple Expressions of Interest (EoIs) for the same. DIPAM, which manages government holding in state-owned enterprises, in October last year invited EoIs for selling a 30.48 percent stake in IDBI Bank along with LIC's 30.24 percent stake in the bank.
Vetting of bids is in process
The government and LIC together hold a 94.72 percent stake in IDBI Bank, which will come down to 34 percent after the strategic sale. Currently, the government and the RBI are in the process of vetting the bids received. Security clearance from government and fit and proper clearance from the RBI would be necessary for the bidders to move to the second stage of bidding process which is due diligence and subsequent invitation of financial bids.
Transaction to get over by Apr 2023
The investors who have put in EoIs have already submitted required information to secure fit and proper and security clearance. Officials expect the transaction to get over in the second half of the next fiscal beginning April 2023. Pursuant to the transaction, the government will own a 15 percent stake and LIC will hold 19 percent in IDBI Bank, taking their total holding to 34 percent.
(PSU Watch– India's Business News centre that places the spotlight on PSUs, Bureaucracy, Defence and Public Policy is now on Google News. Click here to follow. Also, join PSU Watch Channel in your Telegram. You may also follow us on Twitter here and stay updated.)