Important cases heard in Delhi High Court on Tuesday
Important cases heard in the Delhi High Court on Tuesday, November 7: * NewsClick urged HC to quash the cases filed against it for alleged violation of foreign funding laws, saying its prosecution was completely dishonest, malafide and intended to harass the media portal, and now its founder was 'sitting in jail' in another case.
* The mother of a minor girl, who was reported missing for the last nearly two months before being found, has refused to take her custody owing to her daughter’s six-week pregnancy, prompting HC to send her to a shelter home.
* A liquor firm director Amit Arora, facing prosecution in a money laundering case related to the alleged Delhi excise policy scam, urged HC to grant him interim bail on account of his daughter's medical condition.
* Asserting that it cannot turn a blind eye to potential violation of fire norms, HC directed the city government authorities to conduct regular checks at Azad Market to identify the violators and refer them to the Fire Prevention Wing.
* HC warned a litigant of misusing and abusing the process of contempt law by seeking for initiation of contempt proceedings against a district court judge, saying he has exceeded the limits of fair criticism.
* HC imposed costs of Rs 1 lakh on a litigant for filing a public interest litigation (PIL) against her relative to settle personal scores. PTI ADS SKV RHL
Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated feed.