PSU Watch logo

| PSU, private oil refiners may come together to seek cheaper crude oil import deals |   | Rajnath Singh launches project monitoring portal for Military Engineer Services |   | Power crisis: Govt mulls changes in normative coal stock requirement for TPPs, say sources |   | SpiceJet to commence flight operations to Kushinagar from Nov 26 |   | Hardeep Singh Puri takes a dig at OPEC, says access to energy must be ‘affordable, reliable’ |   | Secretary Mines inaugurates NALCO’s Lean Slurry Project at Angul |  

Reliance-BP are bringing 5,500 more petrol pumps to India

Reliance Industries and BP have agreed to form a new joint venture that will add new petrol pumps and retail aviation turbine fuel to airlines in India
New Delhi: Reliance Industries and British Petroleum (BP) are set to form a joint venture to set up 5,500 petrol pumps and retail aviation turbine fuel to airlines in India, an official statement released by the two companies on Tuesday said. Reliance Industries and BP “have agreed to form a new joint venture that will include a retail service station network and aviation fuels business across India,” the statement said.

JV intended to build on Reliance’s existing network

The JV is aimed at building on Reliance’s existing fuel retailing network of nearly 1,400 petrol pumps and an aviation fuel business. “This joint venture will also include RIL’s aviation fuels business, which currently operates at over 30 airports across India, providing participation in this rapidly-growing market,” the statement said.

Reliance will have 51%, BP will have 49%

While Reliance will hold 51 percent in the JV, BP will have the remaining 49 percent. Additionally, the ownership of Reliance’s existing fuel retail network and its aviation fuel business will go to the joint venture. “It is anticipated that final agreements will be reached during 2019 and, subject to regulatory and other customary approvals, the transaction will be complete in the first half of 2020,” the statement added.