RGNAU recruitment 2020: Rajiv Gandhi National Aviation University (RGNAU), an autonomous institution under the administrative control of the Ministry of Civil Aviation, is looking for highly qualified and passionate institution builders to join India’s national aviation university as Vice-Chancellor, Registrar and Finance Officer. Eligible candidates can apply for the job before June 1.
The Vice-Chancellor, being the academic as well as administrative head, is expected to be:
1. A visionary with proven leadership qualities, administrative capabilities as well as teaching and research credentials
2. Having outstanding academic record throughout and a minimum of 10 years’ experience as Professor in a University or 10 years’ of experience in a reputed research and/or academic administrative organisation with proof of having demonstrated academic leadership or having 10 years’ experience at senior management level in the field of aviation education, aviation research, airline or airport administration, airport management or airlines
3. Preferably not more than 63 years of age as on January 1, 2020
Salary and service conditions:
4. As per provisions of Sec 46 of the RGNAU Act 2013, the appointment shall be on a contract basis till June 30, 2021.
5. The post carries a pay of Rs 2,10,000/- (Fixed) per month with the special allowance of Rs 11,250/- and other usual allowances.
6. The terms and conditions of the services will be those as set forth in the Act, statutes and ordinances of the university procedure for appointment.
7. The appointment will be made from a panel of names recommended by a committee constituted under the provisions of Act and statutes of the university.
8. The advertisement and the format of application are available on the websites of MoCA (https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/) and RGNAU (https://www.rgnau.ac.in/).
9. The applications in the prescribed proforma should reach by 16:00 hrs. on June 1, by registered or speed post to: Section Officer, Skill Development & Information Technology, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Room No. 257, 2nd Floor, Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan, New Delhi -110003
10. Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com
11. “Application for the post of Vice-Chancellor, RGNAU” should be superscribed on the envelope or in the subject line of the email, as applicable.
12. Late applications shall be rejected.
The Rajiv Gandhi National Aviation University
The Rajiv Gandhi National Aviation University (RGNAU) has been established by an Act of Parliament called the Rajiv Gandhi National Aviation University Act, 2013 at Fursatganj Raebareli, District: Amethi, Uttar Pradesh. The university has been envisaged as the premier institution of higher learning within the aviation milieu aimed at providing cutting edge and critical research to enhance the aviation industry in India.
The Act of Parliament empowers the university to award diploma, degree, and postgraduate degrees in the field of civil aviation. At the same time collaborations with the leading international universities/ institutions in the aviation domain, are being forged towards proffering global knowledge that is customised to local requirements.
The objective of RGNAU is to facilitate and promote aviation studies, teaching, training, research and by extension work in conjunction with the industry to achieve excellence in operations and management of all the sub-sectors within the aviation industry. The university intends to offer a number of courses as required to bridge the skill gap within the Indian Aviation industry at present as well as taking into consideration future requirements.