PSU Watch logo

| BHEL commissions third renovated hydro unit at the 3x60 MW Baira Siul hydropower project |   | Cabinet approves 3% Dearness Allowance (DA) hike for Central government employees |   | HPCL achieves maiden 100 TMT of gas sourcing & marketing |   | Cabinet clears PM Gati Shakti plan, approves 3-tiered system for monitoring |   | PMC contract: NBCC secures work orders of over Rs 297 crore |   | Indian Navy has spent more than 2/3rd of the modernisation budget in last 5 years |  

RP Selvam is new Director (HR) of BEML Limited

R Panneer Selvam, who was serving as Executive Director (Corporate Planning and Procurement), has assumed charge as Director (HR) of BEML

Bangalore: R Panneer Selvam has assumed charge as new Director (HR) of BEML Limited, a Miniratna PSU under the administrative control of the Ministry of Defence, on Friday. Prior to assuming charge as Director (HR) of BEML Limited, Selvam was serving as Executive Director (Corporate Planning and Procurement) at the same organisation.

Educational qualification & background

Selvam is a postgraduate in Engineering and has done MBA (HR) with 36 years of experience in corporate planning, procurement and manufacturing, in private and central public sector companies. He joined BEML Limited in the year 2004 as Deputy General Manager at KGF Complex. Over the period, Selvam served in various capacities in different functional areas of the company which include materials, production in defence, as well as Mining and Construction verticals, apart from heading Palakkad, Mysuru and KGF Complexes. He is also a Nominee Director of BEML on the Board of M/s Vigyan Industries Limited, a subsidiary company of BEML Limited.

BEML Limited

BEML Limited, formerly known as Bharat Earth Movers Limited, was established in May 1964 as a Public Sector Undertaking for the manufacture of rail coaches and spare parts and mining equipment at its Bangalore complex. The company has partially been disinvested and presently the government owns 54 percent of the total equity and the rest 46 percent is held by public, financial institutions, foreign institutional investors, banks and employees. It is a Miniratna PSU that serves India’s core sectors like defence, rail, power, mining and infrastructure.